User Testing reveals how users actually respond to your system, service or product and the changes that will help to meet their needs.
It is often hard to predict what people will actually do when they use a system, service or product. We shed light on user behaviour by observing actual performance of realistic tasks. We can test virtually anything – websites, software, mobile devices, or even physical environments – at all stages of the user centred design process. And we can test nearly anywhere, from our dedicated user testing suite to your offices, or even in someone’s home.
Our usability team hone in on the things about a design that people find difficult or confusing, and then offer practical recommendations on how to fix them.
User testing can tell you:
- what your users’ expectations and motivations are
- how users feel about interacting with your system, website or service
- how easy it is for users to find their way around and reorient themselves if they get lost
- whether users understand and value information provided
Depending on what we’re testing, we can provide results as:
- tabulated reports: list issues and recommendations with priority ratings
- annotated screenshots: give visual snapshots of webpages or screens, and the associated issues and recommendations
- audio and video clips: compliment reports with powerful evidence from user tests
Optimal Usability has conducted over 4,500 user tests for dozens of clients such as Air New Zealand, ASB, Sky Network Television, NZ Herald, Vodafone, The University of Auckland, and the New Zealand Immigration Service.
2 – 8 weeks