Delight users with a well-designed interface they’ll love to use
Good design doesn’t just happen. Getting it right requires careful attention to how people will use a system or website, from page layouts to functionality. We call this interaction design.
We can design the layout of a simple webpage or a complex transaction. We love creating interfaces that are intuitive, enjoyable and easy to use – whether it’s a website, application or kiosk.
We take a quick prototyping approach to interaction design that’s based on user and business research. Our process is not a black box – we’ll work with your team and help you to:
- brainstorm concepts on paper or a whiteboard. You’ll get multiple, lo-fidelity sketches
- analyse design ideas to determine what is and isn’t going to work, and test those ideas with users
- create a detailed design concept that will delight users and support your business goals. You’ll get one, hi-fidelity design concept that may be an interactive ‘clickable’ prototype
From early concepts to a working model, prototyping means our interactions are quick to produce and easy to modify following user feedback.
- iterative – early concepts are fast and varied while later concepts are detailed and well informed
- fast – concepts are quick to produce and easy to modify
- easily tested – prototypes are an excellent way to get feedback through user testing
- easy to communicate – early sketches have immediate visual impact while interactive prototypes are a powerful tool to communicate a design to stakeholders
Typical deliverables for interaction design include:
- interaction designs (or wireframes/prototypes) – can be used by developers or agencies to implement the design
- annotations – detailing user behaviour and design rationale. Developers love them!
- style guides – common design patterns that developers can reuse throughout a system